The Institute for Type Development (ITD) was established in 1986 to promote understanding of Jung’s Theory of Psychological Type and the responsible use of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®). From 1986 to 2008 ITD was Australia’s leading provider of training and resources for Psychological Type and the MBTI®. In recent years ITD has added several new instruments, including the Majors Personality Type Inventory™ , MajorsPT Elements TM (StepII), and the Function-Skills Development Assessment ™ .
The founding Director of ITD, Mary McGuiness, is one of Australia’s most experienced type practitioners, with twenty two years experience presenting MBTI Instrument Qualifying Programmes in Australia and six years presenting the MajorsPTI Certification.
ITD's Services Include:
- Professional training in Jungian Psychological Type theory and related instruments
- Professional Qualifications to purchase and use the MajorsPTI TM the MajorsPT-Elements TM and the FSDA TM
- Introductory personality workshops
- Consultancy service for organisations
- Coaching for executives, managers and educators
- Books & Resources on Jungian Psychological Type and its applications
- In-house Programmes
In-house training and Consulting
ITD’s faculty includes some of the most experienced trainers in the world, qualified to use the MBTI®, the MajorsPTI TM , the MTR-i TM , and the FSDA TM . We can design workshops and training for your organisation focusing on a variety of topics including:
- Team building
- Leadership/Management Styles
- Decision making
- Teaching and Learning Styles
- Time and Task Management
- Life Journey/Spiritual Journey
- Stress Management
- Career Development
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® and MBTI® are registered trade marks of The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator trust in the USA and other countries.
Management Team Roles Indicator™ and MTR-i™ and the eight team role names are trade marks of S. P. Myers.